General Manager - Yeovilton
Our new GM will have overall responsibility for daily operations on this medium sized site focussing on financial performance, waste management, catering, mess management and client relationships of the Soft Services at RNAS Yeovilton.
Work in conjunction with the ESS Director of Operations and central team to deliver the ESS Brand flawlessly.
Identify and implement new initiatives for our customers.
Offering the right product and the right time in line with market trends.
Managing & Mentoring the Unit Team to deliver a consistent offer and drive our sales consistently (Line Management Responsibilities).
- General Manager responsible for the efficient output service delivery of £5M Soft FM contract with some 130 staff against stringent KPIs and challenging year on year budget stretch/margins.
- Responsible for the effective cleaning output of a challenging Air Base site measuring some 136,000 square metres.
- Provide a food service operation across 5 kitchens in line with the CRL plan and client contract.
- Provision of a wide range of high-profile events and functions (Including the annual Air Days event).
- Responsible for the effective delivery of a comprehensive onsite retail, café and Bar service (Costcutter Store on site and a further Store off site, 2 x cafes and Bar).
- Manage and deliver waste disposal services via our BIFFA subcontractor.
- Provide a labourer service to the client, delivering a wide range of services from minor handyman jobs to furniture/equipment movement.
- The provision of a Junior Ranks accommodation booking service and Hall Porter service to the Officers and Senior Rates Messes.
- Management experience within catering, defence or soft services facilities management
- Great Communication skills
- Good understanding and passion for food and drink
- The ability to build and lead an effective team
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Results orientated and motivated to achieve measurable results
- Sound knowledge of Food Hygiene & Health and Safety
- Motivated by a passion for quality, targets and great service delivery and proven at driving unit P Bit.
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Computer literate
- Minimum 4 years Retail / catering experience
- £45k per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
ESS Support Services Worldwide, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.