Bar and Restaurant Manager
To oversee and manage the Catering heartbeat of the SEC Campus and deliver the best product and service to the many Conference, Exhibitions, Live entertainment events and client dining taking place at the SEC. You will consistently win one customer at a time through teamwork and Living the Levy Difference.
You will manage our Clydebuilt Bar & Kitchen, including the Deli Bakery area at The Scottish Event Campus. Providing exceptional service to our clients and customers. Managing client and contractual relationships in a commercial manner ensuring compliance and company policies are adhered to. You will drive foodservice and support service solutions that exceed new and existing customer requirements.
Review business performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets in line with management and performance reporting, and demonstrate commercial value to your direct reports, Line Manager and Leadership teams, in line with the One Compass vision, values and overall business strategy.
Some of your other duties will include:
- Implement strategies to develop, train, maintain and motivate your workforce to deliver business requirements
- Ensure that unit staff and supervisors continually develop, implement and monitor activities that will enhance team development and engagement and loyalty
- Ensure areas are kept clean and tidy at all times and ensure areas are Show Ready for the next day
- Ensure fridges are restocked, and all stock sheets are properly filled out, finished and returned to the Levy daily file
- Ensure a high quality of food and drink offers
- Assess staff competency and carry out ‘on the job’ training where necessary. Ensure all results are documented and put in the staff’s file
- Identify the differing customer requirements through analysing trends in their feedback and select the appropriate company offering to deliver customer satisfaction
- Consult and co-operate with Clients on HSE matters
- Monitor and review HSE incidents and corrective and preventative actions in all area under your control
- To ensure all staff complete a cash declaration form.
- Manage labour costs and continually review labour structures and ratios
If you are ready for the next stage in your career, looking for a fast paced hands on role dealing with a range of clients and guests, and working for a world leader in legendary experiences, who partners with one of Europe’s most prestigious venue’s then please contact us for a further confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.
You will be a flexible and passionate individual with drive, the ability to inspire operational teams and deliver results.
You will showcase your experience in managing and leading teams, working within brand guidelines and hold extensive expertise within a bar & kitchen environment.
Excellent communication and presentation skills will be a key part of your role.
Bar & Kitchen Manager
- £34,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Levy UK are part of a multi-national business and is part of the Compass Group family. Our people work at the greatest venues and events in the world and do it with a smile on their face. In return we are committed to putting their health and wellbeing first as well as supporting their career development.
The Scottish Event Campus (SEC) features the SEC Centre– five interconnected exhibition and meeting spaces, the iconic 3,000 seat SEC Armadillo and our most recent addition, The SSE Hydro – a 14,300 capacity concert, sporting and special events arena. With its infinite flexibility, the campus has gone from strength to strength and, with planned expansion and development, will continue to position Glasgow on the world stage. The SSE Hydro is consistently ranked in the top three busiest arenas globally, attracting more than a million visitors annually.