Overall Purpose of the Role
To ensure all stock is managed and controlled in the most efficient way to achieve financial objectives. To provide strong leadership while delivering and managing a full logistics operation including, (but not limited to) receipt of goods in, distribution and rotation of goods. Underpinned by a structured approach with appropriate focus on compliance with relevant company polices, standards and employment principles.
Reporting to your General Manager and through close liaison with our Client partners, and Operational Team, you will be directly responsible for the key result areas below (amongst other general responsibilities).
- Collaboration – Frequent liaison with Operational Managers and your General Manager to agree strategy, develop, implement and monitoring of tactical plans to deliver
- Structured Approach – ensure that all activities have a clear purpose and measurable outcomes, with a disciplined and pacy approach to completion, including the review and application of lessons learned
- External landscape – keep abreast of competitor activity and market trends which may impact our operation and make suggestions to evolve / keep ahead of ‘the curve’
- Projects – Evaluate and review the logistics provision, developing efficiencies and value adding activities
- Ownership of the day to day delivery of consistent and exceptional product quality and service standards- To maintain and keep all storage locations to par levels. Provide leadership, management and guidance of warehouse and distribution activities
- Readiness to trade - Oversee and ensure that all services within remit are ready for operational teams use at specific time and to the agreed standard.
- Hospitality – Drive our guest focus culture through consistently demonstrating an in-depth knowledge and appreciation of hospitality standards and client needs, that is infections throughout your team
- Innovation - Close and detailed liaison with our Client, premium area key partners and Levy Commercial Team to plan and deliver innovative solutions
- Consistency – Maintain the order flow and rotation of all products and manage the delivery process, tracking and receipt of materials and products.
- Liaison with Compass procurement, 3rd party suppliers and contractors to underpin effective product quality, service delivery and cost-effective margins.
- Monitor and maintain the Health and Safety policy, process and culture, ensuring incidents are managed in line with relevant policies, and that action is taken where appropriate to negate further incidents.
- Brand - Operate and further develop consistently high brand standards within each area
- Communications - Directly liaise with client representatives and your Team Managers to ensure that communication and expectations are clear. Use structured, regular and consistent meetings as a key tool
- Guest Focus – Champion the guest focused culture, continually sharing and acting on client and customer feedback
- Health & Safety – Ensure all logistics related operations comply with applicable environmental, health, safety regulations
- Structure – Work with the People Operations Manager to agree and sign off appropriate structures to flex resourcing with appropriate factoring to address extended and weekend operating hours
- Appoint, lead and manage your team to ensure consistent and effective operational delivery
- Sourcing and deployment – Work with the People Operations Manager to ensure that effective and robust recruitment plans and processes exist to source and deploy large volumes of casual workers per differing event requirements
- Culture - Work collaboratively with the management team to develop and sustain a high level of team energy and engagement, focused on great food and hospitality
- Review and Develop - Conduct regular performance reviews and talent management / succession planning activity, based on agreed and measurable KPI’s. Oversee and drive the training plan and activity with your direct reports
- Communications - ensure effective team communication flows between all departments
- Reward and recognise - Recognise and celebrate success
- HR compliance – work closely with HR team and lead Line Managers to ensure complete and consistently effective adherence to all legal obligations and company policies
Financial & Business Development
- Financially accountable for all costs and profitability of the department, actively working with the Finance Manager to deliver accurate and timely forecasts
- Cost Management - Be in control of all operating costs in line with set targets
- Key analytics - frequent review of performance statistics to identify opportunities for growth/ remedial actions, with tactical plans in place to address
- Commerciality - ensure competent levels of commercial understanding and awareness through Line Managers and their teams
- Product development - Liaising with culinary and marketing specialist colleagues to implement continuous product development and drive increased spend per transaction
- A naturally confident leader, with logistics management experience to inspire large operational teams to deliver results – minimum 4 years’ experience at F&B management level (essential)
- Confidently able to manage a mixed portfolio of outlets and business functions
- Likely to be currently working within a stadium / arena environment
- Positive and passionate with a focus on operational excellence
- Comfortable working within brand guidelines to deliver results
- Excellent communication skills – able to influence all stakeholder levels
- Experience of working with a large diverse team
- Previous experience of managing in a large logistic operation with a focus on operational excellence and financial accountability.
- Exudes confidence, energy and charisma
- Can effectively switch between being the leader and a team player according to the situation at hand.
- Structured approach but also demonstrates flexibility and agility
- Calm and resilient. Not deterred by an’ unforeseen challenge’
- Problem solving skills
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as required
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.