Hospital Porter Supervisor - Royal Surrey County Hospital
Are you a natural leader? Do you have the ability motivate and coach team members to achieve the desired results? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Supervisor to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for a new member to lead our highly dedicated Porter team, delivering outstanding services for patients, visitors and staff of the hospital.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and team leadership of Portering Services at the Hospital.
- Supervise, co-ordinate, motivate, train and work with your team to provide a quality service
- Plan and produce rosters ensuring effective deployment of the team. Check time and attendance and ensure sickness and absence procedure is fully adhered to.
- Train and develop your team as required by the company and legislation, check that members of your team are aware of these requirements and are working in accordance with them. Ensure all training records are accurate and recorded.
- Ensure a high standard of customer service is a priority, customer complaints are promptly dealt with, and action taken to prevent reoccurrence
- Develop good lines of communications and relationships at all levels within your team, colleagues and customers
- Use machinery as trained, ensuring that the equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies
- Comply with all Health & Safety and ensure hygiene levels are maintained in accordance with current legislation; providing a safe environment for customers and staff
- Manage security processes within your area/duties, in line with the company procedures.
- Previous experience supervising large teams, completing rotas, performance reviews and return to work interviews.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Quality driven, with a sound knowledge of Health & Safety / infection control
- Possess good IT skills; fully competent in Microsoft Office and educated to GCSE level in English and Maths.
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will meet patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer.
- £10.80 per hour, 35 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
5/7 DAYS 07:00am - 9:00pm various shift patterns. Looking for flexibility
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.