Apprentice Domestic Services Supervisor - 37.5 hrs a week - Stanford Hall, Loughborough
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Facilities Management Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification and it is designed to learn and understand how to support the range of operations. You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.
- Working as part of the Support Services (Domestic) team at DMRC – Stamford the overall Purpose of the Role is to enhance the customer experience by effectively carrying out a range of clinical and non-clinical cleaning duties in accordance with the client service level agreement and company standards & procedures
- To understand the contractual service level agreements for your area and ensure the delivery and quality of the cleaning operation are in accordance with this requirement and in line with company procedures
- To promote a safety culture and ensure your cleaning team are aware of and operate in accordance with company and client Health & Safety procedures at all times
- To ensure that any health & safety hazards, issues, near misses & accidents are reported to your Manager at the earliest opportunity
- To maintain a clean, safe & hygienic working environment at all times
- To work with your Line Manager to ensure the Compass Service Framework policies, procedures and controlled documents are up to date and implemented correctly in your area including HSE & One Best Way service procedures
- To conduct regular quality audits and checks to ensure quality & productivity standards are achieved
- Recruit, train and develop the team to ensure they have the required skills to do their jobs safely and well
- To engage the team to achieve their performance targets through regular team meetings and performance reviews
- To manage the team in line with company procedures including conducting return to work interviews and disciplinary investigations as appropriate
- To complete rotas, timesheets, wages & other paperwork as required ensuring that cleaning schedules are in line with the requirements of the operation
- Control costs within your area e.g. labour, equipment & stock levels to ensure they are delivered within the agreed budget
- To carry out general cleaning duties as required
- To comply with any reasonable requests made by your Line Manager
- To work flexibly and attend off site meetings and training courses as required
- To role model the ESS Way behaviours at all times to colleagues, customers & clients
This post has supervisory responsibilities
- Previous supervisory or management experience especially staff supervision
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including COSHH
- Committed to high levels of customer care
- Good numerical and written skills
- Good people management and communication skills
- Experience working in a commercial or healthcare cleaning environment
- IT literate
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements including attending off site meetings
- Educated to NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Keen and willing to learn
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to works well as part of a team and provide a comprehensive domestic service to patients, staff and visitors at the Hospital
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to work
- Able to demonstrate and explain working practices to new starters.
- Able to organise own day-to-day work
- Able to perform any reasonable and practical instructions as requested by the Supervisor appropriate to the needs of the Hospital
- Able to develop good lines of communication and relationships at all levels within your team and with other colleagues and customers
- DBS check will be required
Previous hospital cleaning experience would be an advantage however as full training is given, a willingness to learn and offer excellent standards of cleanliness and patient care are more important
APPRENTICE DOMESTIC SERVICES SUPERVISOR
SALARY: £9.60 per hour
LOCATION: DMRC – Stamford Hall, LE12 5QW
REPORTING TO: Mark Trout
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 06:00-14:30 - 5 days out of 7 per week (incl. weekends) on a 3 week rota
DURATION: Minimum 18-21 months
Do you have a real passion for providing exceptional support services and team leader qualities? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Facilities Management Supervisor to join our team at the DMRC, Stamford Hall.
You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over an 18-21 month period you will have completed a Facilities Management Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a vision to enhance the customer experience and reputation of ESS by effective management and supervision of the cleaning team, equipment and resources ensuring the cleaning operation is in accordance with the client service level agreement and company standards & procedures.
WHO ARE COMPASS?
We are the world’s largest caterer, a Company that employ more Chefs that anyone else so we know a thing or two about developing our people for real careers.
Compass Group UK and Ireland specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Click here and take a look at our website for more information
WHO ARE ESS?
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors. Click here and take a look at our website for more information
THE COMPASS OFFER
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a fun and exciting team, where you have the opportunity and support to develop and progress your career.
We offer more than the National Apprentice Minimum wage. For all our Apprentices, we offer the National Minimum Wage.
We have supported hundreds of people in further developing their career through an Apprenticeship. Take the time to look through our careers website so you can see for yourself how completing an Apprenticeship with Compass continues to make a positive impact.
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Your Apprenticeship is fully funded by Compass UK and Ireland, via the Apprenticeship Levy.
As a company, our Apprenticeship programme is subject to regulation from Ofsted and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).For that reason, each candidate must meet certain criteria’s in order to be eligible for funding. This ensures our offer is compliant with all the quality and funding rules. Therefore, you will be required to complete the following:
Eligibility Questionnaire – the questions asked here will determine if we can claim funding for your apprenticeship training with our training provider and the rules for this are set out in the ESFA funding rules 2018/2019.
Initial Assessments – These are positioning tests in English and Maths. Whilst they do not directly affect your eligibility for the apprenticeship they provide us with your current level of learning and help us build an individual learner journey. This will establish if you are working at the required level in Maths & English that is needed in order for you to complete the learning within your chosen apprenticeship.
European Social Fund – The Skills Funding Agency operates as a co-financing organisation for ESF and assures EU funding is correctly spent. The European Social Fund (ESF) is a structural fund from the European Union. It improves the skills of the workforce and helps people who have difficulties finding work. All our apprenticeships are compliant with ESF funding.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.